Tuesday, February 18, 2014

"Knotted Roots" Author Ruthi Kight Blog Stop





Ruthi Kight

Ruthi Kight currently lives in her hometown of Columbia, SC, with her fiancé and five year old daughter. She has an unhealthy addiction to books, music, and chocolate, but not necessarily in that order. When her dream of being a rock star didn't work out, she focused on her other passion: writing. She is the author of Knotted Roots, a YA Coming of Age story, and is currently working on two other novels that are due out this year.


Find Her books On Amazon




Be Her friend on Facebook

 Follow Her On Twitter



Excerpt One:

“Whatcha reading?” I tried to get a look at the book, but he closed it before I could figure out what it was.
“Homer.”
“Simpson?”
A slow grin spread across his face. “As in The Odyssey. Greek epic poem…ring any bells?”
“No. The only Homer I know is married to a woman with a giant blue beehive.”
With a shake of his head, he opened his book once again. “Sheltered?”
His attitude was really starting to piss me off. “No. Unless you consider ten years in the wacky shack as sheltered.” I had expected my words to have some sort of impact. Nothing. He didn’t even flinch.
“I guess that would depend.”
“On what?”
“Did you have access to the Internet? A library? Anything like that?” He twisted his body to face me. I was instantly mesmerized by his body, again. Damn hormones.

With a shake of my head, I replied “No Internet. They were scared we would suddenly get crazier. Definitely no books. We could have harmed someone with the paper. Have you ever had a paper cut before? They’re quite dangerous, or so I’ve heard.”


Excerpt Two:

“You’re kidding, right?” No response, just his intense eyes focused on me. I squirmed under his gaze, uncomfortable with the attention I was getting. “Dude, do you realize that you’re about ten shades of crazy for even inviting me to stay here? What if I murdered you in your sleep?”
“Are you planning on murdering me?”
“No.”
“Then I should be fine.”
I shook my head and laughed. His logic was out of left field, but evidently it made complete sense to him. This situation would either end up with both of us looking like idiots...or it would be our saving grace. Either way, there was no way to find out other than jumping in with both feet.
“Don’t say I didn’t warn you. I’m not the easiest person to live with,” I replied with a smile.
With a brief nod, he said “Duly noted. Now, get to sleep. Tomorrow will be here sooner than you think.”




No comments:

Post a Comment