Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Author Spotlight~ Jaden Sinclair



Jaden Sinclair lives in a small town of Kansas with her husband of eighteen years, two boys and a few pets that keep her hopping. Between sports and the animals it's a wonder at times how she is able to keep the flow of her writing going. But she does.

She has many series in the works and out for your enjoyment, and is most know her for the Shifter series. Between werewolves, vampires, scifi, new worlds or simple romances, one never really knows what will come out next. 







“She needs a lot more food, man,” Julian put in. “Feed her.”
Denver sighed, hanging his head down. “I don’t have any more,” he told Julian through gritted teeth. “I don’t even know how the hell I’m going to feed you and me.”
Serina started to cry. She screamed and dropped, holding her stomach.
“Let me out, Denver,” Julian yelled, rattling the bars on his cage.
“I can’t,” Denver yelled back, taking Serina into his arms.
“Then bring her here,” Julian demanded. “I can help.”
When Serina nodded, he helped her up, half-carrying, half-walking her over to Julian. Julian reached through the bars and pulled Denver closer for better access to Serina. Taking her wrist, he sank his fangs into her. She cried out, but Denver suspected it wasn’t a cry of pain. Julian drank hard, taking more than what Denver thought was possible. 
Serina passed out and still Julian drank, glaring at Denver when he made a move to pull her away. “Let go,” Denver demanded. 
Julian sucked hard one more time before closing the wounds. He licked his lips, his head going back like he was savoring what he’d just drank. Denver backed away from the cage. 
“It’s started, Denver,” Julian said in a low, dangerous voice. “And nothing you or your father do is going to stop it.” His silver eyes pierced Denver, causing him to take another step back. “Only I can help her now.”
“What are you talking about?” Denver whispered. “What have you done to her?”
Julian’s lip went up in what Denver thought was a small grin, but it wasn’t like any he had ever seen; that smile was more malice than humor.
“Something you can’t stop and your father can’t control.”
Denver frowned, not understanding. “What did you do?”
Julian rattled his cage, and Denver shivered at the sight of his silver eyes and fangs, 
“Our bonding has begun. Your sister is my bloodmate. Her pain is going to get a lot worse and her hunger a lot stronger. You can’t keep me in this fucking cage,” Julian growled, lowering his head, but his eyes glared up at him. “Get ready, big brother. Hell is about to be let loose.”




Author Spotlight
1.      1. Tell us about your book/books?
I think I’m going to tell you about the Guardian series. It’s my twist on a vampire tale where these vampires on not like the typical ones you read. The Guardians are protector of the vampire race, however on the flip side they are also the outcasts to that race. They are unwanted children who are trained to protect. In book one you meet Julian, who is asked to help find a human that might be causing trouble.  Julian has been hunting for a lost friend as well as his bloodmate. Now a bloodmate is a special woman who is born from humans with a DNA fit for a vampire. She will consume lots of food because she also produces lots of blood for a vampire to feed upon. Now the twist is, if she doesn’t find the perfect vampire for her she could end up drowning in her own blood and dying. Not to give away too much, Julian does find his bloodmate and a whole lot of trouble as well. The kind of trouble where a single Guardian stays on his tale and protects him throughout the book. Right now this is a four book series, and all are out in both ebook and in print.

 2. How did you get started as a writer?
I’ve also liked writing stories down while I was in school. Think around the age of 13 I knew I wanted to be a writer, but at the time didn’t think it would happen with the kinds of things I was coming up with. I always think outside the box and what I was seeing at the time was a lot of historical romances and regular romances.  Didn’t see on the shelves what was in my head. But one day I saw in my book club ‘Secrets’ romance book and ordered it. got my first good read of a wolf story that has stuck with me all this time and sort of inspired me to do my own wolf tale.  After some research on line I found that there were publishing houses out there that published what I had in my head, so I started writing and with my husbands help I submitted my first story and got very lucky—they accepted it. 

3. What’s a typical day like for you?
Well I’m a mother, so if that tells you anything. I don’t have typical days, I have crazy days with two boys. Right now they are on summer break,  which means my book work slows down some. Have a house to run as well as ballgames to attend.  Then we do lake trips as well as spend a lot of time at the pool. So it’s a juggle to balance out time with them as well as time to write.

4. Describe your workspace.
Its all over the house. I do have an office, but my laptop is in the dining room were I have more space to spread out with notes. Its also in the middle of the house so I can keep an eye on things.

5. Favorite books?
I don’t really have a favorite book, but I do have favorite kinds. Love paranormal with a good kidnapping tale.

6. Tell us 3 interesting things about you.
I’m a knitter
Like to bake
And an Egyptian fan big time!
7. Favorite quote:

8. Best and worst part of being a writer?
Best is making anything I want up. Worst, reading back and doing a proof before handing it. when I’m done, I’m done. Ready to move on to the next.

9. Advice to writers?
Never stop.  You want it bad enough,  you’ll get it.














No comments:

Post a Comment