Sunday, April 17, 2016

Review of "A Beautiful Wreck (Second Chance #3)" By: CeeCee James



"A Beautiful Wreck (Second Chance #3)" By: CeeCee James
Rating: ☆☆☆☆☆


With a twist…
I’ve read – and LOVED – this series from the start so I couldn’t wait to hear Cassie’s story. There has been a lot of pain for Cassie and her sister. Miranda was happy and I really wanted to see some good come Cassie’s way. Did I mention a twist? Oh, there was! One that I didn’t see coming at all.
Life was a struggle and these sisters know all about that. Cassie has seen grief and loss and felt every emotion under the sun tied to it. She was still grieving, dealing with guilt and a host of other things that she was struggling to deal with and overcome.
“And the anger… I hate love!”
She couldn’t seem to “get over it” until an unexpected find made her leave her comfort zone, hit the road and seek out perhaps the one person who might be the key to closure… Luke was also grieving but in his own unique way. With a bottle not very far away he was hiding from the world, from his grief, from himself. And couldn’t see a way out.
You would think these two together would be nothing but a sob-fest but that couldn’t be further from the truth. They were hurting, definitely, and my heart ached for all they had both gone through but this story was more about the strength to start over... Cassie was persistent though and Luke was going to find it hard to resist her charm. Their path was paved with stumbling blocks and challenges, compassion and empathy, and a lot of heart and humour.
“And now I owe you one.”
Cassie tried to lighten the mood.
“Don’t worry, I’ll figure out a payment plan.”
These characters, this series, quietly but steadily worked their way into my heart. What started as a new author for me has made it to my favourite list with this emotional, and highly entertaining, series. The perfect ending (?) to a great series, I can’t wait for more!


No comments:

Post a Comment