Sunday, October 15, 2017

Review of 'Deviate' By: Marley Valentine



'Deviate' By: Marley Valentine
Rating: ☆☆☆☆☆

Courtney and Elliot are friends with benefits and that is all they can be according to Courtney.  Both have experienced heartbreak and loss of a loved one.  This experience has left Courtney closed off while Elliot is open to more.

Both of their heartbreaks have come from a very similar experience.  Courtney is still living the nightmare but keeps that part of her life out of bounds and secret.

I guess I understood why Courtney kept part of her life hidden from Elliot but I didn't like it, especially as he is the one person who would have completely understood and supported her, taking some of the weight off her shoulders.  My heart broke for these two but their journey towards healing was a remarkable one.  There were many ups and downs along the way that added so much more to their story.  I was so happy when Courtney realised that she didn't have to do everything by herself - my heart started singing for her.  Well worth a read.




No comments:

Post a Comment